Vacancy for a Director of Music
The Role of Director of Music
Responsible to the Vicar, the Director of Music oversees the provision of all music in worship in Hampstead Parish Church. The Director oversees the development of all the choirs, with direction of the Junior and Community Choirs currently delegated to the Assistant Director. The Director is specifically responsible for the leadership and technical excellence of the professional Choir, and supports the musical and professional development of the Assistant Director.
Director of Music is responsible for musical programming and some administrative and logistic support for concerts which complement the churchÕs fundraising and outreach ambitions. The Director conducts concert performances which include orchestras and other ensembles as well as organ or piano accompaniment.
We are looking for a Director of Music who
- will have a vision of music at the heart of worship and the life of a church
- will be excited by the possibilities of developing and expanding what is already here
- will give the time and thought to develop and implement these areas
- will be able to inspire and motivate the very best singers and players
- will be able to motivate and inspire colleagues both paid and voluntary
- can offer a minimum of 10 hours per week, worked flexibly
Please write a letter of application including a full CV and details of two referees to:
Revd Jeremy Fletcher
Director of Music Application
14 Church Row
Applications must be received by Monday 16 October.